Are you a victim?
Does your partner:
- Embarrass you with put-downs?
- Look at you or act in ways that scare you?
- Control what you do, who you see and talk to or where you go?
- Stop you from seeing your friends or family members?
- Take your money, make you ask for money or refuse to give you money?
- Make all the decisions?
- Tell you that you're a bad parent or threaten to take away or hurt your children?
- Prevent you from working or attending school?
- Act like the abuse is no big deal, say it's your fault, or even deny doing it?
- Destroy your property or threaten to kill your pets?
- Intimidate you with guns, knives or other weapons?
- Shove you, slap you, choke you or hit you?
- Try to force you to drop charges you have filed?
- Threaten to commit suicide?
- Threaten to kill you?
- Use drugs and alcohol as an excuse for saying hurtful things or abusing you?
- Pressure you sexually for things you are uncomfortable doing?
- Tell you that you are nothing without them?
- Sometimes feel scared of how your partner will act?
- Constantly make excuses to other people for your partner's behavior?
- Believe that you can help your partner change if only you change yourself?
- Try not to do anything that would cause conflict or make your partner angry?
- Always do what your partner wants you to do instead of doing what you want?
- Stay because you are afraid of what your partner would do to you if you broke up?